Sanspointe Dance Company
P.O. Box 59266
Birmingham, AL 35259
Artistic Director Position Announcement
Position Title: Artistic Director
Announcing Date: June 1, 2015
Closing Date: August 1, 2015
Job Beginning Date: December 1, 2015
Salary: Stipend per project; Compensation for administrative duties in addition to artistic duties
Job Description: The Artistic Director is appointed by and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The AD oversees the artistic direction of the company and helps to provide direction on season performances, community events/education and artistic collaboration. There are opportunities to choreograph, teach, and perform with the company.
Job Duties: Plan and direct in collaboration with Assistant Artistic Director:
Oversee all aspects of company members, communications with company members and recruiting of new company members as needed.
Oversee, guide and implement artistic vision and direction of company including: community events, projects, performances, concerts, and education/classes
Plan and direct all aspects of projects including:
– Concept and performance venue
– Choreography, Performers, Composers, and Musicians
– Lighting and sound
– Class, rehearsal and theatre space rental
– Technical and dress rehearsals
– Photo and video of project
– Ticketing, programs, lobby and technical crew
Schedule and oversee all company classes and rehearsals
Create annual and performance/project-specific budgets for boards’ approval, including contracts
Check post office mailbox regularly and email daily
Coordinate and recruit volunteers for production and administrative needs
Responsible for Grant Acquisition, administration and reporting (with assistance from the FD as needed)
Oversee general and specific marketing/communications/media relations including:
– Maintain and update web presence, social media, and online calendars
– Internal and external communications through emails, mailings, e-vites
– Produce and distribute flyers, posters, postcards, calendar listings, news releases etc.
Please send your application materials to email@example.com or mail them to P.O. Box 59266, Birmingham, AL 35259. Please email the above for questions pertaining to job announcement.
1. A cover letter outlining your qualifications and reasons for interest in the position
2. An artistic statement describing your choreographic style and your ideas for Sanspointe Dance Co.
3. Your current CV
4. An updated link for a performance/choreography video reel