AUGUST 14-18, 2019
Sanspointe Dance Company Summer Intensive is a five day dance intensive for intermediate and advanced dancers ages 15+. Dancers will explore multiple disciplines of modern-contemporary dance (classes will range from modern dance styles influenced by Graham, Duncan & more) as well as choreography composition, improvisation, Progressive Ballet Technique, Yoga, Movement Theory and company repertory. All classes and activities will be held at The Dance Foundation.
9-10:45 – Modern-Contemporary Technique
10:45-12- Improvisation Styles/Choreography Composition
12-1:00 – LUNCH (participants are responsible for their own lunches and snacks daily)
1-2:15 – Technique Class
2-15-3:15 – Yoga, Progressive Ballet Technique or Movement Theory
3:15-3:30 – BREAK
3:30-5:00 – Repertory Rehearsals
(A detailed schedule will be mailed to each participant leading up to the intensive.)
Tuition for all dancers is $215.
The program is under the supervision of Sanspointe Dance Company directors, Anna Foshee & Sara Wallace. Other guest instructors include:
- Alisa McCool | MFA in Choreography and Performance from the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU. Dance Coordinator at Samford University
- Hai Nyugen (Functional Range Conditioning®, Movement Theory)
- Ariana Pellegra | BA in Dance from Birmingham Southern College , certified in Progressive Ballet Technique
- Rhea Speights | MFA in Dance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, former SDC Artistic Director
- Heidi Stoeckley | BFA from The Julliard School, former Martha Graham Company dancer, MA in Arts Management from Columbia University.
- Elizabeth Wright | BFA from The Julliard School, principal dancer for the Isadora Duncan Dance Company, former senior member of Jennifer
The SDC summer intensive offers all dancers the opportunity to rehearse and perform a piece of repertory under the guidance of the intensive faculty. The performance is held on Sunday, August 18th at 2:30pm. Location to be announced soon! Parents, friends and artists are invited to attend!
All forms needed for registration are attached below. Registration forms can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Online payments can be made through paypal (link below). Dancer has 24 hrs to pay for intensive once forms are emailed in to hold a spot for the intensive. Forms can also be mailed in with payment by check (no later than July 30th) to:
Sanspointe Dance Company
P.O. Box 59266
Birmingham AL 35259